If you are bringing a car to campus--Please register it before coming to band camp
2018-2019 Vehicle Registration is now available through the myGate parking channel.
D0 this today
All students, faculty/staff, contractors/vendors, and visitors (full time or part-time, retired, volunteers) who operate a motor vehicle on the Murray campus must register all vehicles that will be driven to campus and/or parked concurrently on campus. Multiple vehicles may be registered on the same account; however, only one vehicle registration per account may be on campus concurrently. Registration is available on the myGate Home Page under the Parking Channel.
Below is an abbreviated synopsis of Murray State Parking Regulations for faculty, staff, and students parking on Murray State’s main campus. Any questions should be directed to Parking Services by calling (270) 809-4812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . A full copy of Murray State Parking Regulations may be accessed at www.murraystate.edu/parking by clicking on the Regulations tab then “Parking Regulations” (2018-19 Regulations will be available online by September 1, 2018, until that time, please continue to follow the 2017-18 Regulations.)
● Multiple vehicles may be registered on one account
● Only one vehicle registration per account may be parked concurrently on campus
● No hangtags or dashboard tags will be necessary, as the license plate of the vehicle is the zone access for that vehicle
● Pull-through parking and backing into a parking space is prohibited. Vehicles must be parked with rear license plate visible from the main lane of travel at all times.
● Parking citations may be appealed within 5 school days of the issuance of the parking citation. Failure to appeal within five school days forfeits the right to appeal the citation.
● Vehicles are subject to being booted/towed (at owner’s expense) if they fail to register the vehicle properly and/or have been issued $150 or more of unpaid parking citations within a continuous 12-month period, regardless of whether the citations have been appealed. Continued failure to comply with parking regulations may result in parking privileges being revoked and/or other actions as deemed appropriate by Murray State University.
● Visitors to campus may register online at https://murraystate.nupark.com/portal
● Departmental training for guest parking access will be available online through a departmental portal as Part II of the implementation of the new system. (An actual date will be provided at a later time).
● Once the portals are available, Parking Services will offer training to any interested department. If your department would like a departmental portal, please send a letter from your department head or dean to Parking Services stating your desire for a departmental portal.
● Until portals are available, Parking Services will work one-on-one with your department to meet your parking needs as we currently do.
● If you would like to schedule a time to meet with a Parking Services staff member to discuss your questions, please contact Francie Ray or Jessica Adkins at 270-809-48
DEPARTMENTAL LOADING ZONE ACCESS
● Departments needing Loading Zone Access for the 2018-19 academic year should send their requests to Parking Services via letter fax to 270-809-3664 or email to email@example.com. Please include the following information
for everyone requesting and/or using the loading zone access:
o Driver’s License #
o Make of Vehicle
o Model of Vehicle
o License Plate #
● Loading zone permits will not be issued. The new system allows for access permissions to be added to vehicle registrations. Please remember that no one may have loading zone access without a valid vehicle registration.
● Until the new system is live, please continue to use your current Loading Zone permits, as they are valid until August 31, 2018.